Online temperature conversion tool that lets you easily convert from Celsius to Fahrenheit and Kelvin and vice versa. The temperature converter works with all major temperature scales for free.
Temperature Converter info, tips & tricks
1. How can I use the online Temperature Converter?
Simply enter the temperature value (e.g. 80) and choose the unit (e.g. Fahrenheit) then just make a simple click on the button called ‘Convert’. The Temperature Converter then gives the converted temperature value on all of the known temperature scales (Fahrenheit, Celsius and also Kelvin). The temperature conversion is accurate to two decimal places.
2. What are the temperatures scale symbols?
• The symbol of Fahrenheit is ℉ (most commonly used in the US).
• The symbol of Celsius degree is ℃ (the most common temperature scale in Europe, also known as the centigrade scale).
• The symbol of Kelvin is K (this is the SI unit of temperature, most commonly used in physical calculations).
3. How to convert from Celsius to Fahrenheit or Kelvin?
• From Celsius to Fahrenheit: ℉ = [(℃ * 9) / 5] +32 The formula is simplified as follows: ℉ = ℃ * 1.8 + 32
• From Celsius to Kelvin: K = ℃ + 273.15
4. How to convert from Fahrenheit to Celsius or Kelvin?
• From Fahrenheit to Celsius: ℃ = [(℉ -32) * 5] / 9 The formula is simplified as follows: ℃ = (℉ -32) / 1.8
• From Fahrenheit to Kelvin: K = [(℉ + 459.67) * 5] / 9 The formula is simplified as follows: ℃ = (K + 459.67) / 1.8
5. How to convert from Kelvin to Celsius or Fahrenheit?
• From Kelvin to Celsius: ℃ = K-273.15
• From Kelvin to Fahrenheit: ℉ = [(K * 9) / 5] -459.67, The formula is simplified as follows: ℉ = K * 1.8-459.67
5. Why do we feel cold when the wind blows?
This is all about the wind chill effect which makes you feel colder. Wind-chill is the lowering of body temperature due to the passing-flow of lower-temperature air. In this case, the outside temperature does indeed appear to be lower than what is actually measured. If you are wondering how much, use our Wind-Chill Index Calculator to find out.