Use our free online Fat-Burning Heart Rate Calculator to find out your ideal heart rate for maximizing fat burning based on your gender and age. This tool gives you a great boost if you use the results during the training.
Fat-Burning Heart Rate Calculator
Useful information and tips regarding our Fat-Burning Heart Rate Calculator
1. How does a Fat-Burning Heart Rate Calculator Work?
It calculates the ideal fat-burning heart rate range using the latest research. This new formula takes into account not only age but also gender so it can more accurately determine the range of fat-burning heart rate.
2. What is the fat burning zone?
The fat-burning zone is basically is a range of the optimal heart rate for burning fat. The fat-burning zone is defined as the upper and lower heart rate beats per minute.
3. How to calculate fat-burning heart rate?
• First, you need to figure out your max heart rate by age (or shortly your MHR).
• The next step is to calculate 60% and 70% of the value got above. These two values will be the upper and lower limits of your fat-burning zone, so during your exercise, you should keep your heart rate between these two values.
• Here is an example of how to calculate fat-burning heart rate and fat-burning zone. Let’s say we are talking about a 45-year-old man. In this case, the MHR is 220-45 = 175,. The lower rate is then 105, and the upper is 122.5, so the fat-burning range is the following 105-123.
4. When does fat burning start? How long does it take for the body to switch to the so called fat-burning mode?
The basic condition for burning fat is to lower your daily calorie intake than your daily usage. To do this, you need to be aware of your daily calorie requirements. You also need to be in the fat-burning zone for at least 30-40 minutes to start the fat-burning process. It is worth doing fat-burning exercises at least 3-4 times a week. You can also use our BMI calculator or the Waist-to-Waist Ratio calculator to find out if you need fat burning at all
5. What else should I keep in mind for optimal fat loss?
- Before serious weight loss plans, consulting your dietician or physician before starting your workout is a must.
- Be sure to pay attention to your diet, as this will certainly help you burn more calories than you consume.
- If you are too radical regarding your diet, you will burn your muscles rather than your fat.
- The main meal should be breakfast during this period.
- Eat several times a day, but occasionally less. If you do so, your body will not suddenly start to store fat as a defensive reaction.
- Carbohydrates should not be completely discarded but should be taken in the morning and preferably with whole grains.
- Forget about drinking alcohol for a while, as it makes it very difficult to achieve your goals. Alcohol can block fat-burning processes. On the other hand drinking alcohol also means a huge calorie intake. It is worth becoming completely abstinent until you reach your primary goal.