Would you like to know how many days until Valentine’s Day? ❤️ Our calculator always shows you how many days till next Valentine’s Day. We also have a lot of information like who is Valentine’s Day named after, how is Valentine’s Day celebrated. We have recommendations on 2021 Valentine’s day gift ideas for him and her with and Valentine’s day best movies to watch.
Valentine’s Day Countdown Timer
Time until next Valentine’s Day, celebrated annually on February 14:
What is Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day is the world’s celebration of love. It is also called Saint Valentine’s Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine originated as a Western Christian feast day honoring one or two early Christian martyrs named Saint Valentine and is recognized as a significant cultural, religious, and commercial celebration of romance and love in many regions of the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_Day
When is Valentine’s Day in 2021?
Valentine’s day is celebrated annually on February 14. If you want to know that fall Valentine’s day and the full moon is on the same day you can check it with our Full moon calendar here.
Who is Valentine’s Day named after?
Valentine’s Day named after St Valentine, but there are several stories about who he really was. A popular belief is that he was a priest from Rome in the third century AD. Emperor Claudius II had banned marriage because he thought married men were bad soldiers. St Valentine broke this rule and arranged marriages in secret. When Claudius found out, Valentine was thrown in jail and sentenced to death. According to an early tradition, Saint Valentine restored sight to the blind daughter of his jailer. Numerous later additions to the legend have better related it to the theme of love. Valentine fell in love with the jailer’s daughter and when he was taken to be killed on 14 February he sent her a love letter signed “from your Valentine”. https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/16945378
How is Valentine’s Day celebrated?
Valentine’s Day celebrated all around the world in many countries each in their own way. For example, in the United States, about 190 million Valentine’s Day cards are sent each year. In general, Valentine’s Day celebrated with small gifts, like man gives chocolate to the woman and little surprises (like breakfast in bed), see our gift guide below.
Valentine’s Day gift ideas for her
Here are the top 10 Valentine’s Day gift ideas for her. https://www.buzzfeed.com/racheldube/valentines-day-gifts-for-her
- A bouquet of assorted flowers (it’s always a sure thing).
- Bath and shower oils to upgrade any bath or shower into a relaxing aromatherapy experience.
- A necklace or any small piece of jewellery or accessories.
- Romantic-smelling perfumes or any cosmetic products customized for Valentine’s day.
- Any customized gift about two of you (for example a customized blanket with photos of the two of you on it, or a photo album).
- Almost any heart-shaped small gift which represents the love between the two of you.
- A box of nicely packed chocolate because Valentine’s Day is perfect for that.
- A romantic dinner made by you with red heart-shaped balloons around the table.
- Any romantic program (for example a romantic movie).
- A handwritten card with a love letter from you written inside.
2021 Valentine’s Day gift ideas for him
Here are the top 10 Valentine’s Day gift ideas for him. https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/valentines-day-ideas/g26066165/diy-valentines-box-ideas/
- A six-pack of his favourite beer with a greeting card.
- Any tech gadget or gadget accessory (wireless earphones, or AirPods leather case).
- A relaxing massage performed by you.
- Tickets for a match of your favourite team.
- Any customized gift about two of you (A pocket knife engraved with a sweet message that he’ll see every day).
- A romantic dinner made by you with his favourite dishes.
- Any romantic program (for example a cooking course).
- Any cosmetic products customized for Valentine’s day.
- Any sports equipment that is related to his favourite sport.
- Any gifts according to his hobby (for example a new PlayStation / Xbox game).
Valentine’s Day 2021 best movies to watch
Here are the best 10 Valentine’s Day movies to watch on February 14.
- About time (2013)
- Love, Actually (2003)
- Titanic (1997)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
- Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain (2001)
- The Notebook (2004)
- La La Land (2016)
- Groundhog Day (1993)
- Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)
- 50 First Dates (2004)