Weight converter for metric and imperial units including Kilograms, Pounds, Grams, Ounces, Stones. The World’s Next Favorite Weight Converter is here.
1. What kind of units can the Mass and Weight Converters handle?
• The SI system of units, based on kilograms and, of course, the units of mass derived from it, such as milligram (mg), gram (gr), tons (t).
• Units used in the imperial, United States customary and in the past and or special fields such as pounds, ounces, carats, short ton (US and Canada) and long ton (UK).
2. Mass or weight, which is the correct one at all?
Although in everyday language the terms weight and mass are commonly used to mean the same thing and are used interchangeably with each other, these are actually not the same. The mass of something remains always the same while its weight is not, since it also depends on the other body with which they are attracted to each other. In essence, weight is the force used to push the support or pull the suspension. In an illustrative example, the mass of a person is the same on Earth and on the Moon. However, on Earth the weight is also the same while the weight on the Moon is approx. six times smaller because of the smaller gravitational force.
3. How do I use the online Weight Converter?
The converter is very easy to use. First, enter the unit of measurement you want to convert from (eg kilogram) and the unit of measurement you want to convert to (eg pounds) . Then enter the specific value you want to change (eg 10). Once you are done, you don’t have to click any button as the calculation is immediate so you will see the result of the conversion immediately.