Online mass unit conversion simplified. From/to kilogram, decagram, gram, pound, carat, ounce and vice versa. A simple, fast, and free Weight and Mass Unit Conversion app right inside your browser.
Information and tips for using Mass / Weight Unit Converter
1. What kind of units can the Mass and Weight Converters handle?
• The SI system of units, based on kilograms and, of course, the units of mass derived from it, such as picogram (pm), nanogram (nm), microgram (μm), milligram (mg), gram (gr), decagram (dkg) ), tons, tons.
• Units used in the imperial, United States customary and in the past and or special fields such as pounds, ounces, carats.
• Astronomical masses and other mass type constants used in physics such as Planck mass, solar mass.
2. Mass or weight, which is the correct one at all?
Although in everyday language the terms weight and mass are commonly used to mean the same thing and are used interchangeably with each other, these are actually not the same. The mass of something remains always the same while its weight is not, since it also depends on the other body with which they are attracted to each other. In essence, weight is the force used to push the support or pull the suspension. In an illustrative example, the mass of a person is the same on Earth and on the Moon. However, on Earth the weight is also the same while the weight on the Moon is approx. six times smaller because of the smaller gravitational force.
3. How do I use the online weight or weight conversion application?
The converter is very easy to use. First, enter the unit of measurement you want to convert from (eg kilogram). Then enter the specific value you want to change (eg 10). By default, this value is 1. Finally, select the unit of mass to which you would like to convert. Once you are done, you just have to click on the button called Convert and you will see the result of the conversion immediately.
4. What are the most common conversions between mass units?
The most popular weights and weights are the following.
• 1 kilogram (kg) is equal to 1000 grams (gr).
• 1 kilogram is equal to 100 decagrams (dkg).
• 1 gram is equal to 1000 milligrams.
• 1 milligram is equal to 1000 micrograms.
• 1 microgram is equal to 1000 nanograms.
• 1 nanogram is equal to 1000 picograms.
• 1 pound (or lb) is equal to 100 kilograms.
• 1 metric tonne is equal to 1000 kilograms.
• 1 metric tonne is equal to 10 grams.
• 1 kilo is equal to 2.20462 pounds (lb).
• 1 pound is equal to 0.45359 kilograms.
• 1 pound is equal to 453.59 grams.
• 1 kilogram is equal to 35.27399 ounces.
• 1 kilogram is equal to 5,000 carats.
• 1 carat is equal to 0.2 grams.
• Planck weight is equal to 2,176>10-8 kg.
• The solar weight is approx. 1.98892*1030 kg.