Supereasy to use Decimal-to-Hexadecimal converter for fast and accurate dec-to-hex conversion. We use the algorithm trusted by millions.
What is a decimal?
The decimal numeral system https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal is the standard system for denoting integer and non-integer numbers. A decimal numeral refers generally to the notation of a number in the decimal numeral system. For writing numbers, the decimal system uses ten decimal digits, a decimal mark, and, for negative numbers, a minus sign “−”. The decimal digits are 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9; the decimal separator is the dot “.” in many countries, but also a comma “,” in other countries.
How to convert from decimal to hexadecimal (or dec to hex)?
There are several algorithms which you can use for hex to dec conversion. The algorithm below is a simple one for converting a representation of a number to hexadecimal by doing integer division and remainder operations in the source base.
- Divide the number by 16.
- Get the integer quotient for the next iteration.
- Get the remainder for the hexadecimal digit (0-9 and a-f).
- Repeat the steps above until the quotient is equal to 0.
Let’s say we have the decimal number 195. Here is how you can use the algorithm showed above.
- 195 / 16 -> quotient = 12, reminder is 3 (which is also 3 in hexadecimal).
- 12 / 17 -> quotient = 0, reminder is 12 (which is ‘C’ in hexadecimal).
- So 19510=C316
More Numeral Converters
- Binary to Decimal Converter
- Binary to Hex Converter
- Decimal to Binary Converter
- Decimal to Hex Converter
- Hex to Binary Converter
- Hex to Decimal Converter
- Roman Arabic Numbers Converter